Radius has adopted a basic philosophy:
To be highly focused on identifying opportunities to buy or create strong brands and companies in the consumer sector with an emphasis on consumer packaged goods. Collectively, we understand how to evaluate consumer businesses.
To only invest in businesses where we believe we can uniquely enhance the value of the business through our involvement beyond simply making a financial investment. As principles, Bruce and Todd bring specific functional expertise in sales, marketing, operations and finance. We are entrepreneurial and get directly involved in all aspects of operations. Additionally, our extensive network of operating executives with specific industry experience play key roles in selection, diligence, and management of the investments.
To establish the alignment of interests in terms of financial incentives among all stakeholders: ourselves, other investors, and management teams. Our belief is that all stakeholders’ interests should be aligned, with the common goal to increase the underlying equity values of the businesses in which we invest. This structure is heavily weighted to an equity orientation where we do well only if all our stakeholders do well.
- Investment Parameters
- Focused on the branded products/ services companies
- Equity commitments in the $2mm – $20mm range
- Prefer majority ownership but will also consider minority investments
- Strong, experience management teams in place
- Positive cash flow with the potential to increase that cash flow through top line growth and/or margin improvement